EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START YOUR PROJECT;
What is Self-Regulating Heating Cable (SR)?
- Self-Regulating Heating Cable (SR) is a self–regulating heating cable that provides maximum freeze protection for pipelines and vessels. The self–regulating heating cable automatically varies its heat output as the surrounding temperature changes.
Self-Regulating Vs Constant Wattage Heating Cables
- Trace heating is that the application of a controlled quantity of electrical surface heating to pipes, tanks, valves, or process instrumentation to either maintain its temperature (by replacement the heat lost through insulation, additionally remarked as frost protection) or to an effect on} a rise in its temperature – this can be done by using heating cables normally named as heat trace or heat trace self-regulating heat tracing cables have an improved level of inherent potency increased as hyperbolic safety if its application is properly thought of. Beginning with the previous, at higher temperatures, the heating cable backs off its output, saving power even though not connected via a controller or thermostat.
What Heat Tracing Power Connection & Accessories services we provide?
- EHT power kit CANSTAL
The power connection kit is suitable for use only with the series heating cables. The package provides material for one power connection.
How can Heat Tracing Temperature Sensor help your project?
There are three recommended methods of heat tracing control Sensor:
- Manual Control: MultiTrace switched manually. This method requires supervision to work effectively.
- Ambient Control: using an ambient thermostat ensures that when the temperature is below freezing, the MultiTrace becomes energized. With this method, you must recognize that even when no snow/ice is present the cables may become energized and power consumed.
- Automatic Control: this method ensures that MultiTrace energized only when a combination of moisture and low temperature are present, thereby keeping the pipes free of snow/ice. When either the precipitation ceases, or the temperature rises above freezing the MultiTrace is turned off thus conserving energy.
What is heat tracing in piping?
Pipe Heat Tracing is a service provided using several types of heat tracing cables for several applications such as freeze protection and maintain temperature. The heat tracing cable can be controlled by a temperature controller using a temperature sensor. Most importantly the Heat Tracing cable must be coved by pipe insulation. There are several types of heating cables available in the market such as Self-regulating heat trace cable, Mineral insulated heat tracing cable, constant watt heat tracing cable. Some heating cables must be selected by engineers due to the cable’s higher temperature.
Can you heat trace PVC pipe?
Heat trace cables can heat PVC pipes. It would be best if you used a lower temperature heat tracing cable for freeze protection only. If the PVC pipe’s product needed to be maintained at a certain temperature, a heat trace temperature controller must be used to control the heat trace cable temperature, an important factor to consider is to keep the high setpoint temperature below the PCV pipe exposer temperature.
What is heat trace cable used for?
- The heat trace feature can be used for several reasons but the most common use is for freeze protection, snow melting and maintains temperature.
Can heat trace touch itself?
All types of Heat Tracing cables must not touch themselves, and the only exception is the Self-regulating heating cable used for gutter and roof snow melting.
What is a heat trace system?
A heat tracing system is called for connecting the Heat tracing cable to the temperature controller with a temperature sensor.
Does self-regulating heat trace need a thermostat?
Self-regulating heat tracing cable needs a thermostat only when there is a need to maintain a certain temperature.
What is the difference between self-regulating and constant wattage heat trace?
Generally, the self-regulating cable has variable wattage/heat output, the constant wattage heating cable provide constant heat output. The constant wattage heating cable is used for higher temperature applications. The constant wattage cable provides a longer circuit length comparing to the self-regulating heating cable. The self-regulating heating cable has a higher inrush current.
How hot does self regulating heat tape get?
The self-regulating heat tracing cable has different types, and there is a warm heating cable that can reach a maximum of 65C(150F) using a temperature controller. The Hot self-regulating heat tracing cable can reach a maximum of 210C(410F) using a temperature controller.