Canstal hiring the following positions, we accept resumes by email only ([email protected]), only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location – Alberta
Type – Full time, permanent or Contract
This position is a multi-function role that blends traditional Field Engineering and Design Engineering responsibilities. This is a hands-on professional position that combines both field work and office work. The field engineer will have to travel to different locations to work actively at various job sites to review, evaluation, construction, maintenance, and operations of the electric heat tracing projects.
- Provide technical leadership, training, direction, and guidance to the EHT project team and to other contractors for the design, review, evaluation, construction, maintenance, and operations of the Electrical Heat Tracing circuits and systems.
- Ensure that EHT and electrical design work complies with legislated requirements and applicable industry standards.
- Program heat tracing controllers, troubleshoot the problems and report issues to management.
- Work with the Team lead/ Project Manager/ Engineering Manager
- Direct production of construction drawing packages providing detailed electrical designs for single line diagrams, power plans, power studies, grounding, junction box layouts and wiring diagrams, conduit and cable schedules, panel design and schedules, power transformers, and installation details using company standards and drafting techniques and tools.
- Conduct technical design assessments, constructability reviews, and field installation reliability appraisals for electrical and control panels and field installation.
- Proactively establish customer and contractor relationships at appropriate levels and manage client expectations relative to technical execution methodologies, scope, schedule, progress, and technical change management.
- Help create a positive working environment for all team members through respect, honesty, commitment, and exemplary customer service.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology Diploma
- 3+ years’ experience as electrical heat tracing.
- Oil and gas EHT projects experience preferred.
- Fluent in English
- AutoCAD and MsOffice advanced user; able to learn how to use specialized software for EHT design
- P. Eng or EIT working towards a P.Eng or C.E.T. designation
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Location – Québec, Canada
Type – Full time, permanent or contract
The role will be to work with our team of sales executives/agents to have our products and services promoted at national and local. The sales engineer will also assist with communication and product demonstrations with new client prospects and opportunities.
- Develop lasting relationships with new and existing customers.
- Follow up on sales leads, prepare basic quotations, make pricing recommendations, and communicate application requirements and specifications to others to prepare complex quotations and report all quotations in a timely manner.
- Keep current with all product knowledge and required training, and, maintain a high degree of technical knowledge to sell applications effectively.
- Safely and creatively provide solutions to customers’ needs.
- Promote and participate in customer seminars, workshops, and training.
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions under tight deadlines on a regular basis, and, timely completion of assigned reporting duties.
- Manage existing accounts, develop and deliver on new growth opportunities.
- Negotiate key contractual aspects, and, determine the rules of engagement with key accounts.
- Establish targets/budget figures for direct key accounts, and continuously report progress on an account level.
Skills & Experience/Requirements
- Strong technical understanding of heating cable products, their applications and markets.
- Bachelor’s degree or technologist diploma in Business or Engineering.
- Good grasp of technical knowledge in the areas of design/electrical parameters/heat transfer/electric mechanical materials, and electronic controls, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills; familiar with IT software (MS Office, SAP etc.).
- Structured problem-solving capabilities, self-motivated and organized personality focused on accomplishing objectives as well as, Critical thinking and problem analysis capabilities.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Have a reliable vehicle, clean driving record, and be able to travel locally.
- Excellent relationship building, the ability to work with a variety of people in a professional manner is crucial.
- Fluent in English and French.